Friday, April 6, 2018

Papeete, Taina Marina, 06/04/2018.


This morning was a busy one.
Starting at 06.00 the 2 guys we’re back to clean the top sides, ie the hull above the water. This took about an hour, really it was just fender streaks.
Then Mat, the rigger, returned to finish the new rigging. He retensioned all the stays and shrouds, fitted the Genoa and new jib sheets and then reversed the main sheet for me. This had a habit of twisting up and so causing a lot of extra friction. Hopefully reversing it will cure the problem.
I have spent a few more hours below cleaning. Initially it was just the chart table, everybody’s dumping ground, then the galley area, including the draining locker. I found an open box of cornflakes in there, you can imagine how that was. I also found the bread tray for the air fryer had become very rusty, so that’s gone out in the bin.
I have the last bit of teak to clean tomorrow. That was hidden under the dinghy, but it’s not bad anyway. Also tomorrow I will christen the new flag halyards with the Polynesia courtesy flag and a couple of other flags too. I will also finish off the generator ( remove the battery leads).

1 comment:

Judith said...

BlueFlyer will be so beautiful when all is done, you won't want to take her out in case she gets messed up again! I'm in the garden today, pulling the ivy down off the fence before I get a new higher fence. Not raining so far today. Love, Judith