Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Papeete, Taina Marina, 04/04/2018

Still here! In fact I have booked this spot until the 20th as it’s conveniant for work being done and convenient to the supermarkets too.
The marina water is quite still as I’m on the inside of the breakwater. On the outside are the super yachts, there are 4 small cruise liners there! 2 registered in the Solomon Islands, 1 in Jamaica and 1 local one. There’s too much money around! Smallest one is probably 200 feet overall, the big ones are over 300. The one opposite me appears to have 8 crew who spend all day, every day, cleaning and polishing. The boat is spotless. I’m wondering how to divert them in my direction. I’ll just have to wait for my crew I suppose.
The teak deck cleaning is progressing slowly, at an hour a day, but it’s almost done at last. Then clean the fibre glass decking. Removing bird pressies  and foot prints from peaople on the boat. Then on Friday week, the hull is being cleaned, both top sides where the fender streaks are, and underneath where the weeds grow. I have to say that the condition of the hull is quite good, not much growth.
Today I started to get the generator ready to lift out next week. The hoses are off and the retaining bolts removed. Only the battery cables are left attached. That reminds me, my 5 year old engine start battery has just about died, so a new one next week.
All is good on board, but I am looking forward to some company soon.

Despite what the caption said, this is Moorea, next door.

No comments: