Thursday, March 29, 2018

Papeete, Taina Marina, 29/03/2018.

I moved to this marina last Sunday, booked for 6 days to replace the rigging.
That has now been done and today it is getting the final tune up by Mat the rigger. It was amazing to watch him and his helper replace all the wires one by one without removing or supporting the mast. None of the other wires showed any signs of damage, although they had gone slacker than normal.
The new generator is with the guy fitting it, and will be done the week after next due to him going on holiday.
Two sea cocks have been replaced in the toilets, and we’re still afloat!
The boat is a mess at the moment, but hopefully I will get it sorted soon, too much work at the moment, everybody walking in and out and all over the deck.
Today my agent, Laurent, came by and he is arranging tax free fuel, gas, etc for me, as well as all the immigration paperwork needed.
The Genoa is back on board and I have ordered 2 new rope bags from the sail repair people as well.
I seem to have found some good people here to do the necessary works on the boat so I’m a happy camper right now!
I have also connected with the internet, I don’t know whose it is, as it only says Vodaphone 3 G and I don’t have any Vodaphone connection in Australia, long may it last.

All is well here, except for the 90% humidity, but the aircon is great.
This is the harbour in Rarotonga, Cook Islands.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Were you able to stay in the water to complete the work?

Dawn said...

Wow! Sounds like everything is happening. Look forward to seeing a clean boat!😜⛵️

The BlueFlyer adventure said...

Hi Sharyn,
Yes the boat remained in the water the whole time.
The guy doing the sea cocks jumped over with 2 plugs and a hammer, blocked the through hulls and when he had finished, reversed the process. No leaks at all! And the sea cocks are working well.

Unknown said...

That sounds like it made the jobe a lot easier.