Friday, April 13, 2018

Papeete, Taina Marina, 16/04/2018.

My God, when it rains here it doesn’t do half measures! Since about 5 this morning it has been pouring down. The Bimini and the spray hood are both soaked through, but that’s OK as it washes all the salt out.
It was an indoors day today. I managed to free up a seized cockpit locker catch. I had to remove it totally and it took about 30 minutes to get it free and working properly, so that’s a small job out of the way.
Then I found that the radar will not power up, so hopefully there is an electronics guy coming in the morning to look at that. I think it may be a reprogramming problem on the chart plotter, but who knows.
I changed all the bed linen today also. Laurent, the agent, says he will wash it all for me taking it tomorrow. He also brought back my now full spare gas bottle so we’re all set on the cooking front.
Also today I started a shopping list and some planning of timing on our route home, so actually a productive day despite all the rain. Of course the small leak at the mast has shown up again. It’s not serious and can wait till we get home again.
All is good here, and hopefully I will get my evening walk in as well.

No comments: