Thursday, July 16, 2020

The end, 16/07/2020.

Having successfully returned to Sandringham Yacht Club in 2018 BlueFlyer has really been doing very little in the way of sailing. But that’s not to say that there’s been no activity!
This time last year the poor boat suffered from a nearby lightning hit on the marina sea wall.
Rectification involved replacing virtually all the electronics and disposing of the air compressor as well. Fortunately my insurance company, Pantaenius, came to the party and covered a lot of the costs.
As well as all that I had the hull resonated with new CopperCoat after 13 years and many miles.

After all this work was done I sold the boat and she is, as I’m writing, out in Port Philip on her way to Batemans Bay in New South Wales with a delivery crew.

Farewell to you BlueFlyer and may  you look after the new owners as well as you did me!

And that’s the end of this blog.
Thank you for all the comments and stay safe in these troubled times.

No comments: